“And then he saw something out of the corner of his eye. A man was running through the woods… with a look of fear on his face. He seemed to be definitely running away from something. Or from someBODY. Joe was about to call out to the man to see if he needed help when his mouth dropped. He saw, just as Vicky had before – that the man had no legs.”
Dan has two tales that both involve a haunted place. Both involve numerous people claiming to see or hear the same ghost or ghosts. For the first, shorter story, we’ll head to the UK, down by Portsmouth just North of the Isle of Wight, to explore the ghosts of Hinton Ampner. A story of hauntings that supposedly occurred back in the 18th century. Then, we are going to look into the crimes of midwest serial killer, Herb Baumeister, who buried numerous victims on his property in Indiana just north of Indianapolis in Carmel. Did his murders trap numerous spirits on Fox Hollow Farm, the beautiful estate where he lived and very, VERY likely murdered? Little true crime/haunted place mashup. Lynze has two excellent stories and follows in Dan’s footsteps with a little warm up and then a big scare. For the appetizer of spoops, she takes us to a college library where something or someone wants to have a few private moments, practicing their music. In her second tale, you best stay until the very end, because it all comes together ever so neatly. A young girl purchases an old vanity and within one day, she begins to see someone in the mirror. But whom?
New Merch: Got some new, VERY cool merch in the bad magic store this week. Our very own STD cryptid! You gotta look at this thing to take it all in. A flower for a head. Giant wings and talons. A giant tail? Most importantly – it just looks awesome. Very different look than other designs. Cool art on wearable fabric instead of in a frame. badmagicmerch.com
Standup: Also – if you want to see a very different side of Dan than you see here, his Symphony of Insanity standup tour is back and running. Go to dancummins.tv for ticket links to shows in Orlando, Charlotte, Oklahoma City, Atlanta, Missoula, Tempe, Raleigh, Chicago, Salt Lake City, and Davenport this spring.
Bad Magic Productions Monthly Patreon Donation: This month’s charity will be SEO: Sponsors for Educational Opportunity. SEO’s mission is to create a more equitable society by closing the opportunity gap for young people from historically excluded communities. SEO annually serves 6,000+ people across America through it’s various programs. SEO Scholars: an 8-year academic program that gets public high school students to and through college, with a 90% graduation rate. SEO Career: recruits, coaches, & trains undergraduates for summer internships. SEO Investments: provides education, exposure, training, & mentorship opportunities to professionals who have been underrepresented in the. SEO Law: provides underrepresented pre-law students with education, career development, & summer internships at 45 partner firms. And SEO Leadership Institute: provides ongoing development for alumni, customized for each stage of their career.For more information, go to http://www.seo-usa.org We are donating $13,680 to this charity, which is 90% of the Patreon donation this month. The other 10% – $1520 – and this is a new thing, is going to the Cummins Family Foundation’s scholarship fund. The scholarship will happen in 2023, and that will be the monthly percentage funding it. By the end of the year, we hope it adds up to an amount that will really give someone – or multiple someones – some real help.
Want to be a Patron? Get episodes AD-FREE, listen and watch before they are released to anyone else, bonus episodes, a 20% merch discount, additional content, and more! Learn more by visiting: https://www.patreon.com/scaredtodeathpodcast
Please rate, review, and subscribe anywhere you listen. Thank you for listening!
Follow the show on social media: @scaredtodeathpodcast on Facebook and IG
Watch this episode on Youtube: https://youtu.be/MznkL2-oXaM
Scared to Death
c/o Timesuck Podcast
PO Box 3891
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83816
Video/Audio by Bad Magic Productions
Additional music production by Jeffrey Montoya
Additional music production by Zach Cohen
Various free audio provided by http://freesound.org
Opening Sumerian protection spell (adapted):
“Whether thou art a ghost that hath come from the earth, or a phantom of night that hath no home… or one that lieth dead in the desert… or a ghost unburied… or a demon or a ghoul… Whatever thou be until thou art removed… thou shalt find here no water to drink… Thou shalt not stretch forth thy hand to our own… Into our house enter thou not. Through our fence, breakthrough thou not… we are protected though we may be frightened. Our life you may not steal, though we may feel SCARED TO DEATH.”